Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Date with the Peanut

Peanut and I were able to spend time together on Friday while Bo was at a birthday party. I asked her where she wanted to go and she said "The Creek". Sabrina opted out of going due to bugs and poison ivy. I told her I could check her for ticks later. ;)

Just some background of the creek. When we picked the location of our house, we wanted trees in the back yard. We now have the trees in the back of our house and the bonus is a creek. It is fairly shallow but so much fun to play in. We are blessed that this area is protected by the town.

Here are some shots of us spending quality time together.

Here we are walking to the creek through stink cabbage.



















I think we took the stinky path so we could play in the water.



















Once we got there, I was told to take good pictures for Mommy's Blog - here are some flowers














A super thorny tree



















I was told this was a "Snake Stick"



















Another Flower













A beautiful butterfly













A nice shot of the creek while we cross and play in the water













I do love my peanut!!



















We ran into a mud man and he created this













Here is a pole bridge













I must say she is so much fun and we will do it again. I hope it is not too long. Time does pass by so fast. Last time I looked, she was just 4 years old.

3 comments:

Rindy R said...

Your "Mud Man" leaves some funny looking poop behind! Your Peanut is delicious!

Greg and Donna said...

Argh...they all get too old way too fast! Love ya Sammy! See you and Charlie on Tuesday!!!!!

Aunt Donna & the gang

Controlling My Chaos said...

What on Earth is stink cabbage? I've never heard of it.

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. :)