Monday, September 14, 2009

Blame it on the bacon.

Well, this weekend was quite busy. Saturday was two kids in two different spots. Charlie had a football game and it was an exiting one. Sammy had a Pony club rating test. Fortunately, the parents can't be help or be involved. Much to my relief. So, I left her at the barn to fend for herself and went to watch the football game. The good news... Charlie's team won (in the last 20 seconds) and Sammy passed her ratings test. Yippee...

But let me share with you the highlight or low point of the weekend, depending on your point of view. I wore a new skirt to church on Sunday. It felt a little snug but it was a stretch material so I thought it would be alright. Besides I had on a long t-shirt. I accessorized with complimentary jewelry trying to take the focus off the tight skirt. Looking good. Even McE said I looked nice when I came downstairs. Well, as I was leaving the service this gal came running up to me and said .... 'Sabrina, your skirt is unzipped'. I quickly covered my backside with my Bible, thanked her and ran off in shame. Seriously? I had meant to ask McE to zip me up when I came downstairs but I was distracted by the smell of bacon. Ok... here is the kicker... We were seated towards the front, spent 1/2 the service standing and I was wearing a thong. Ha! No I wasn't wearing a thong. But the rest of this is a true story. Oh, the embarrassment of flashing folks in church.

Have a happy day and try not to flash anyone.
Sabrina

5 comments:

Greg and Donna said...

Not sure how to comment on this...should you become backrow Baptists? But I would certainly blame it on the bacon!

Eddie said...

I think the unzipped look could be a new fashion statement. I would also suggest to cook bacon after the zipping up. Anyhow, I didn't see any zipper during church so no harm done. I agree that the game and Sam's test passing is awesome.

Robin said...

So unzipped could be a new sport just like football and horses!

Rindy R said...

Heck - bacon can make heathens out of the best of them! A completely acceptable excuse if you ask me!

Greg and Donna said...

You owe me a new keyboard! I just spewed sweet tea over the old one!